The Arab World consists of 21 countries and spans two continents, Asia and Africa.
The Arab World consists of 21 countries and spans over two continents, Asia and Africa. Its land stretches 5000 miles, nearly twice the distance between New York and San Francisco. The Arab World covers an area of 5.25 million square miles. The Arab homeland is a rich composite of many diverse cultural influences. Various ethnic, linguistic and religious groups inhabit the region. These groups have different legislation, customs and traditions. Despite these differences, the Arab World remains strongly linked through the ties of language and culture.
Why Study Arabic?
1. Arabic is the official language of 21 countries with over 300 million speakers.
2. There is high demand and low supply of Arabic-speakers in the Western world.
3. There are financial incentives for learning Arabic.
4. Arabic-speaking nations are a fast growing market for trade. With a GDP of over 600 billion dollars annually, the region also has much to offer the world market.
5. There are 1.3 billion Muslims in the world.
Employees with Arabic skills are sought after in many career fields, including:
Diplomacy, Intelligence, Law Enforcement, Academia, Technology, Law, Health Care, Non Government Organizations, International Development & more...
Faculty and Assistants
|Dr. Zeina Schlenoff||Teaching Professor, Advisor and Coordinator|
|Ms. Reema Barakat||Assistant Lecturer|
|Dr. Defne Bilir||Instructor|
|Ms. Sanuora Alkhofash||Fulbright Language Teaching Assistant|
For seating availability please check the student central portal at my.fsu.edu