The Arab World consists of 21 countries and spans over two continents, Asia and Africa.
The Arab World consists of 21 countries and spans over two continents, Asia and Africa. Its land stretches 5000 miles, nearly twice the distance between New York and San Francisco. The Arab World covers an area of 5.25 million square miles. The Arab homeland is a rich composite of many diverse cultural influences. Various ethnic, linguistic and religious groups inhabit the region. These groups have different legislation, customs and traditions. Despite these differences, the Arab World remains strongly linked through the ties of language and culture.
Why Study Arabic?
1. Arabic is the official language of 21 countries with over 300 million speakers.
2. There is High demand and low supply of Arabic-speakers in the Western world.
3. There are financial incentives for learning Arabic.
4. Arabic-speaking nations are a fast growing market for trade. With a GDP of over 600 billion dollars annually, the region also has much to offer the world market.
5. Arabic is the language of Islam: 1.3 billions Muslims in the World.
Government and diplomacy, computer and auto industries, art and cultural fields, law and health care services are all seeking employees with Arabic skills.
ARA 1120 Thursday 11-12 DIF 130 and Friday 10-11 in DIF 214
ARA 1121 Wednesday 11-12 DIF 130
ARA 2220 Tuesday 12:30-1:15 and Wednesday 1:45-2:30
ARA 2240 Wednesday at 12-1 DIF 130
Faculty and Assistants Titles
|Dr. Zeina Schlenoff||Teaching Faculty III, Advisor and Coordinator|
|Ms. Jessica Malo||Teaching Faculty I|