Florida State University Modern Languages & Linguistics
Florida State /
Department of Modern Languages and Linguistics
Welcome to the Chinese Program of the East Asian Division in the Department of Modern Languages and Linguistics at Florida State University. We offer a comprehensive undergraduate program, including Major in Chinese Language and Culture, Chinese Major with Business Concentration, Chinese-Japanese Co-Major, as well as Chinese Minor.
| Why learn Chinese?
- It’s spoken by one out of every five people on the planet.
- It’s the key to a 5000-year-old civilization.
- It’s the official language of China—the second largest economy in the world, as well as Taiwan and Hong Kong.
- It’s one of the six working languages for the United Nations.
- It’s the second most-used language on the Internet.
- It will make your resume much more competitive in the future job market.
Explore the wonders of China Click on the thumbnail to open the picture gallery.