Director of the Russian Basic Language Program
Galiya A. Tabulda was born in Volgograd, Russia. She received her B.S. in Communications in 2005 from Volgograd State University, Russia, and her B.A. in Russian in 2007 from the Florida State University. In 2010, she has received an M.A. degree in Slavic and defended her thesis titled ‘The Role of Explicit Information and Individual Differences in Processing of Russian Sentences’. She is currently a doctoral candidate in Learning and Cognition Program at Department of Educational Psychology and Learning Systems at FSU. Her research interests include emergent literacy development, first language acquisition in young children and second language acquisition in adults.
- Tabulda, G. (2011). ‘Beginners’ Russian’: Meaning-based, input-driven, learner-centered. Slavic and East European Journal, 55 (3),461 – 464.
- Phillips, B.M., Flynn, K.S., Tabulda, G.A., Jangra, S., & Lonigan, C.J. (2013). Parent involvement supporting early literacy achievement: Best practices for bridging the home and school environments. In D.M. Barone & M.H. Mallette (Eds.), Best practices in early literacy instruction (pp. 3-25).New York, NY: Gilford Press.
- Tabulda, G. A., & Phillips, B. M. (2015, April). Parent language input to young children: Role of communicational context. Poster presented at the seventh Annual Meeting of Council of Research in Education at Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida.
- Tabulda, G. A., & Phillips, B. M. (2015, February). Language learning in parent-child dyads. Paper presented at the Thirty-Eighth Annual Meeting of Eastern Educational Research Association, Sarasota, Florida.
- Tabulda, G. A., Jangra, S., & Phillips, B. M. (2015, February). Using parent report to measure language quantity and quality in parent-child dyads. Paper presented at the Thirty-Eighth Annual Meeting of Eastern Educational Research Association, Sarasota, Florida.
- Tabulda, G. A., & Phillips, B. M. (2014, November). Parent language input to young children: Role of communicational context. Paper presented at the Fifty-Ninth Annual Meeting of Florida Educational Research Association, Cocoa Beach, Florida.
- Phillips, B. M., Lonigan, C., Petscher, Y., & Tabulda, G. (2013, July). Predictions of growth in preschool children’s emergent literacy skills from their home language and literacy environments. Presentation at Twentieth Annual Meeting of the Society for the Scientific Study of Reading, Hong Kong, China. (International)
- Phillips, B. M., Tabulda, G., Burris, P. W., Jangra, S., & Sedgwick, T. K. (2012, July). Syntax intervention in early childhood: Results from efficacy trials within three grades. Presentation at Annual meeting of the Society for the Scientific Study of Reading, Society for the Scientific Study of Reading, Montreal, Canada. (International)
- Tabulda, G. A. (2010, March). The role of explicit information in processing Russian sentences. Paper presented at the Forty-Eighth Southern Conference on Slavic Studies at University of Florida, Gainesville.
- Tabulda, G. A. (2008, February). Nabokov’s autobiography Speak, Memory: Invitation to an Exhibition. Paper presented at the Thirty-Third Film and Literature Conference at Florida State University, Tallahassee.